Midge Doyle, Principal Advisor
Midge is a high achiever with a proven track record in delivering success, a practical thinker with extensive operational experience across a wide range of businesses, a natural leader and coach who is able to inspire others to achieve at the highest standards.
At Plan B Midge is available to provide tailored management solutions, coaching, mentoring & training. He also has a proven ability to improve the performance of Local Authority Service and is available to provide service improvement, change management and best value review services across a variety of fields.
Recent Projects include:
- Interim grounds maintenance manager for the merged grounds maintenance services at the London Borough of Redbridge
- Implementing a full transformation programme across the full range of environmental services for Brentwood Borough Council
- Implementing cultural change to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Edinburgh Council’s Building Repairs & Waste Management Service, with a combined budget of £100m and over 800 staff, ensuring a rate of return of £11m on what were two loss making services, while winning 4 national awards in the process.
- Responsibility for Edinburgh Council’s fleet management services to in-house contracting organizations. Managed diverse fleet c300 units ranging from refuse collection vehicles to small panel vans. Completed strategic review of procurement and maintenance arrangements resulting in 15% annual saving on external costs.
- Implementing a range of fleet-related service improvement initiatives including safer driving training (all services), crew-cab technology (street cleansing) and imprest van stocks (building repairs).
Prior to joining Plan B Midge worked as a Development Manager for Pinnacle Maintenance Services, undertaking the above projects. Before that Midge was an Independent Consultant working on a variety of different projects for local authorities and Blue Chip companies throughout the UK.
Midge started his career as Project Manager for Lewisham Council where he undertook a number of best value service efficiency reviews across a diverse range of operational business units, including refuse & cleaning, grounds maintenance, facilities management, building repairs and leisure. He was appointed interim fleet manager for building repairs service overseeing £2.5m annual budget and direct management of van stock c200 units and was Project Manager on two major capital projects valued at £7 million and £22 million respectively.
- Plan B Management Solutions Ltd
- Transition Management Services
- Unique GB Limited
- Doyles Property Limited
- Pinnacle Maintenance Services
- London Borough of Lewisham
- Executive Diploma in Management Studies
- Institute of Sport and Recreation Management Certificate
- Institute of Sport and Recreation Management Diploma
- Institute of Sport and Amenities Management Certificate
- Neuro–Linguistic Practitioner
- Coaching, mentoring & training
- Change management
- Service Improvement
- Best value & service efficiency reviews
- Plan B Management Solutions Limited
- Tel: +44 (0) 1242 806330